Mike Cornick - Play the Piano
The complete step-by-step guide for the adult beginner
Written especially for the adult beginner, Play the Piano! Levels 1 and 2 may be used either as a ‘teach-yourself’ method or with the help and guidance of a teacher. The ‘returning beginner’ will also find this ideal. The key issue is enjoyment whilst gaining the skills of making music. At each stage new aspects of notation and technique are gradually introduced through the learning of new pieces and, with the help and support of the CD, the completion of each section brings a feeling of achievement and the satisfaction of music making.
- Step-by-step learning in playing and reading, starting from absolute scratch, presented in clearly structured stages
- Also suitable for the 'returning beginner'
- Performance pieces in a range of styles from classical and folk through to jazz
- A helpful and stimulating CD with aural development exercises and recordings of the pieces, many with 'play-along' tracks
- Warm-up exercises
- Even more performance pieces for each stage which are available as FREE DOWNLOADS from the Universal Edition website together with further advice, information and music theory
Play the Piano
Mike Cornick is an established composer, arranger and teacher with over fifty publications available from Universal Edition: recreational pieces, tutors, examination pieces, piano material for all ages and levels, solos, duets and even six hands at one piano. In his thoughtful attention to the educational aspects of his composing, Mike always provides material that appeals and inspires. Mike is best known for his jazz piano publications from which many selections have been made for graded piano examinations.