Recorder Debut - James Rae
12 easy pieces for beginners
INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP LEARNING
All of these pieces for young recorder players in their earliest stages of learning can be performed as a solo (descant recorder) or in unison with others. Some have an optional 2nd part for either descant or treble recorder and may also serve as ensemble material.
MIXED ENSEMBLE OPTION
Whilst written specifically for the recorder and addressing the challenges beginners would encounter, a special section is included of four pieces which are "key friendly" for beginners on most instruments and are therefore ideal pieces for mixed instrumental groups. These same four pieces appear in books for other instruments in the Debut series.
For the Pupil …
- Instrumental parts with fun cartoons for inspiration
- A CD providing stimulating demonstration performances to listen to as well as "minus-one" accompaniments for playing along at home
- Cartoons can be downloaded for free for colouring in
For the Teacher …
- Sheet music for selected piano accompaniments can be downloaded for free – just follow the web link provided in the pupil’s book!
- If preferred, the accompaniments of all of the 12 pieces can be purchased in one printed and bound volume