Worldwide first Urtext edition of Bartók's Mikrokosmos - Volume 1 (comprises books 1 and 2 of the original edition) Béla Bartók's Mikrokosmos is one of the key works of 20th-century piano music. The repertoire comprises educational pieces 'from the very first beginning' as well as concert literature, thus making this work an indispensable companion to piano lessons. The work is now available for the first time ever as an Urtext edition in three volumes. Besides the first 66 pieces "from the very beginning", volume 1 contains two so far unpublished pieces that were recorded already before publication and can be found on YouTube.
The 66 pieces comprise - according to Bartók himself - the repertoire for the first year of teaching. The first volume also includes the special versions of the pieces "Waves", "In Transylvanian Style" and "In Oriental Style". Bartók's comments on each piece of Mikrokosmos, added in 1944, as well as notes on study and interpretation based on the sources, a glossary of unusual performance indications and a facsimilie of the engraver's copy of the pieces No. 37-39 round off this unique Urtext edition.
Béla Bartók's Mikrokosmos for piano
• Worldwide first Urtext edition
• In three volumes as originally envisaged by Bartók
• With hitherto unpublished pieces
• With Bartók's complete notes on all pieces
• With a glossary of unusual performance indications
• With Notes on Study and Interpretation
• Clearly printed in user-friendly page layout