Contents – 4 Afro-Caribbean Songs for 5 Right Hands at 1 Piano for 5 right hands at 1 piano
- Traditional: Linstead Market
- Traditional: Mango Walk
- Traditional: Cordelia Brown
- Traditional: Fan me solja man
Five pianists playing one piano will surely receive smiles and a hearty response from the audience making these pieces an ideal choice for the school concert. As in its preceding volume, the pieces are light-hearted and entertaining but this time with the distinct Afro-Caribbean feel. The traditional pieces include: Linstead Market, Mango Walk, Cordelia Brown and Fan me solja man. A second copy of the score is included for easy reading in performance and to make practising at home possible. For studying free downloads of the single parts (2-5) available.
• Unusual, entertaining and fun, these pieces are ideal for school concerts
• This volume’s predecessor is well received with great reviews and enthusiastic performers and audiences
• For studying free downloads of the single parts (2–5) available
Following the success of Mike Cornick's first book of four pieces for five hands at one piano, he has now come up with a second volume which, this time, includes Afro-Caribbean Songs. (...) Although only scored for one hand per player, the rhythms are fairly intricate and therefore aimed at Intermediate players rather than Elementary. Huge fun to play and, with each person having his own individual part, these works make everyone listen carefully in order for the complex rhythmic patterns to fit together, excellent for aural training and sight-reading. This volume can only aid young pupils in making general musical progress.
Piano Journal Issue 02/2014 (Nadia Lasserson)
- Piano for five right hands
- Edition type:
- performing score
- Pedagogy, Pop Music
- Cornick Mike