Various: All together easy Ensemble!
Contents – All together easy Ensemble! for flexible ensemble / piano ad lib.
- Traditional: O du lieber Augustin
- Verdi, Giuseppe: La forza del destino
- Traditional: Loch Lomond
- Rae, James: Premiership Blues
Arranged for beginners, these well-known and original pieces will successfully launch instrumentalists into the exciting and rewarding world of ensemble playing. The parts are of equal importance and are written within comfortable ranges for each instrument. An optional supporting piano part is provided to reinforce the ensemble if necessary.
- Very easy arrangements of well-known works for various instrumentations for the first experiences of ensemble playing
- Ideal for concerts and examinations
- All parts are of equal importance and any number of players can join each part
- Includes an optional piano part to support the ensemble
- For brass ensemble, further brass parts are available as free downloads
(…) This collection of four pieces is musically approachable, introducing young musicians to the fundamentals of rhythm, sharing of melodic motifs, musical interest in each part and good ensemble writing. (…) Stringendo Magazine 10/2013
How many teachers have been presented with a group of mismatched instruments and left to come up with a coherent ensemble performance? Fortunately for those without the time to make their own transcriptions and arrangements, there is a growing amount of repertoire available for mixed ensembles of all levels. (…) There is equal interest in all the parts; Rae is a well-regarded educational composer and has made sure that no-one gets stuck playing a repetitive accompaniment. There's also a good range of pieces - players will enjoy the overture to Verdi's "Force of Destiny" and the composer's own "Premiership Blues". There's lots of scope to explore different dynamics and articulations. This is a great introduction to ensemble playing for instrumentalists around Grade 1 standard. I would recommend it to teachers wondering how to bring together instrumentalists who are not yet ready to be dropped into a full orchestra or wind band. Music Teacher Magazine 07/2013
- for flexible ensemble / piano ad lib.
- Edition type:
- score and parts
- Ensemble, Folk, Pedagogy, Pop Music
- Rae James
- Edition info:
- Part 1 in C, Bb or Eb; part 2 in C, Bb or Eb; part 3 in C, Bb or F; part 4 in C, Bb; piano (optional) for rehearsal or to support the performance