James Rae: City Snapshots
Contents – City Snapshots for 1-2 flutes with CD or piano accompaniment
- Rae James: Manhattan Sunset (New York, U.S.A.)
- Rae James: Belvedere Waltz (Vienna, Austria)
- Rae James: Wembley Victors March (London, United Kingdom)
- Rae James: Oktoberfest Ländler (Munich, Germany)
- Rae James: Little Polka (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Rae James: Montmartre Waltz (Paris, France)
- Rae James: Cossack Dance (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Rae James: Lotus Blossom (Shangahi, China)
- Rae James: Tango Argentino (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Rae James: Reggae Nights (Kingston, Jamaica)
- Rae James: Dromedaries at Dusk (Cairo, Egypt)
- Rae James: Liffey Jig (Dublin, Ireland)
Although written for beginners (Grade 0-2), James Rae’s “City Snapshots”, for flute(s) and piano manages, even at this level, to capture the essence of music from around the world.
Amongst the twelve pieces, we find a waltz in Viennese style that could have been written by Johann Strauss himself, a dreamy blues from Manhattan, a Cossack Dance from Kiev and a lively Irish Jig to finish the world tour in Dublin. To accommodate beginner clarinetists, all the pieces are written in the low register, in comfortable keys. Nor will teachers have any problems with the piano accompaniments, which also include chord symbols.
An entertaining adventure for children – whether alone or in duet.
Please click here to find the piano accompaniments.
- for 1-2 flutes with CD or piano accompaniment
- Edition type:
- Sheet music with CD
- Rae James
- Jazz/Blues, New Publications, Pedagogy, Play Along
- Edition info:
- The accompanying CD contains full performance and play-along versions. The piano part is included on the CD as PDF is available in print as UE21772.