Contents – Classical Favourites from Russia for piano 4 hands
- Tschaikowsky Peter Iljitsch: Walzer aus dem Ballett "Dornröschen"
- Tschaikowsky Peter Iljitsch: Tanz der kleinen Schwäne aus dem Ballett "Schwanensee"
- Borodin Alexander: Tanz der Polowetzer Mädchen aus der Oper "Fürst Igor"
- Prokofieff Sergei: Montagues und Capulets aus dem Ballett "Romeo und Julia"
- Schostakowitsch Dmitri: Walzer aus der "Jazz-Suite Nr. 2"
- Khatchaturian Aram: Säbeltanz aus dem Ballett "Gayaneh"
- Rimski-Korsakow Nikolaj: Hummelflug aus der Oper "Das Märchen vom Zaren Saltan"
Countless catchy melodies come from Russian operas, ballets and symphonies and if you have heard them once, you will never forget them. For this collection of pieces, Nicolai Podgornov has produced masterful arrangements of classics from russian operas, ballets and symphonies. Compositions such as the famous waltz from Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty or the main theme from his Swan Lake, the waltz from Shostakovich's Jazz Suite No. 2, Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets from the ballet Romeo and Juliet, Khachaturian's Sabre Dance from Gayane and his Adagio from the ballet Spartacus. All of these are sure to give great pleasure to intermediate-level piano students. Nicolai Podgornov has expertly arranged these popular pieces with easy fingering so that playing them is straightforward - after all, familiar pieces are easier to master.
• Easy to middle-grade arrangements of well-known
themes from Russian opera and ballet for piano duet
• Well-known, easy-to-play melodies from the Russian classics (’Sabre Dance’, ’Waltz No. 2’, ’Flight of the Bumblebee’ etc.)
• Includes illustrations of the composers
Playing duet arrangements of the great orchestral classics is an enjoyable way to broaden and deepen pianists' knowledge. These six Russian orchestral classics (...) are arranged by Nicolai Podgornov (of Bear Dance fame) and are beautifully done, capturing the emotion and feeling of the originals but making them available to roughly Grade 3-6 standard pianists.
Music Teacher Magazine March 2016, p. 66 (Fiona Lau)
- Piano for four hands
- Edition type:
- performing score
- Podgornov Nicolai