Despite the problems caused by the Corona-virus our Webshop and the contact forms on our website are fully available. You may also address your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding if our answer takes longer as usual because of the current restrictions. Your Universal Edition Team
Wider Opportunities with the Debut series
INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP LEARNING
All of these pieces for young instrumentalists in their earliest stages of learning can be performed as a solo or in unison with others. Some have an optional 2nd part and may also serve as ensemble material.
MIXED ENSEMBLE OPTION
Whilst written specifically for the instrument and addressing the challenges beginner flautists would encounter, a special section is included of four pieces which are "key friendly" for beginners on most instruments and are therefore ideal pieces for mixed instrumental groups. These same four pieces will appear in subsequent books for other instruments in the Debut series. For the Pupil …
• Instrumental parts with fun cartoons for inspiration
• A CD providing stimulating demonstration performances for listening as well as "minus-one" accompaniments for playing along at home
• Cartoons can be DOWNLOADED FOR FREE for colouring in For the Teacher …
• Sheet music for selected piano accompaniments can be DOWNLOADED FOR FREE - just follow the web link provided in the pupil's book!
• If preferred, the accompaniments of all of the 12 pieces can be purchased in one printed and bound volume
(…) With 12 very easy yet surprisingly musical pieces, all titled to capture the imagination (Funky Street, Big Chief Sitting Bull, Marvo the Wondrous Magician, The Ogre from the Big Black Rock) and illustrated witl1 cartoons in black and white, these miniatures will make any child want to play them. The cartoons can be downloaded at no cost for young children to color. And in the process, of course, they will be learning basic simple time rhythms, musical notations and dynamic instructions, tempo and style indicators (Mysteriously, Gentle ticking, Menacing, with attitude), articulation variations, accidentals, and instructions for repeat signs, DS, and Coda. (...) Having used several other James Rae books with students, l've always found them thoughtfully conceived as well as beautifully produced by Universal. (…)
The Flutist Quarterly 4/2012