Paul Coles: From Folk to Classical 1
Contents – From Folk to Classical 1 for guitar
- Dvorák Antonín: Largo from the "New World" Symphony
- Traditional: Sweet Molly Malone
- Traditional: All Through the Night
- Traditional: Sur le pont d'Avignon
- Traditional: Scarborough Fair
- Traditional: London Bridge
- Traditional: La cucaracha
- Traditional: The Ash Grove
- Beethoven Ludwig van: Ode to Joy from "Symphony No. 9"
- Traditional: Amazing Grace
- Traditional: Yellow Bird
- Grieg Edvard: Morning from "Peer Gynt Suite"
- Grieg Edvard: In the Hall of the Mountain King from "Peer Gynt Suite"
- Offenbach Jacques: Barcarole
- Traditional: English Country Garden
- Traditional: Santa Lucia
- Traditional: Mexican Hat Dance
- Traditional: Shenandoah
- Traditional: O sole mio
- Traditional: To a Wild Rose
- Brahms Johannes: Cradle Song – Wiegenlied
- Traditional: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
- Traditional: The House of the Rising Sun
- Joplin Scott: The Entertainer
- Foster Stephen Collins: Beautiful Dreamer
- Gilbert & Sullivan: Three Little Maids from School are We
- Traditional: Skye Boat Song
- de Curtis Ernesto: Come Back to Sorrento
- Traditional: Down by the Sally Gardens
- Traditional: The Bonnie Banks o'Loch Lomond
“From Folk to Classical 1” is a mouth-watering collection of thirty arrangements for classical guitar by Paul Coles. The classical pieces include many favourites, including a few you would not expect to hear on the guitar, such as “Hall of the Mountain King” and “Three little Maids from School”, but they really work! Traditional folk numbers are not neglected, with “Sweet Molly Malone” and “Skye Boat Song” among the best known.
The arrangements are for intermediate players and Paul Coles has offered fingering help for both left and right hands. Book 2 will be published in 2018 but, meanwhile, try Paul Coles’ “26 Melodic Studies” or his “Momentos Espanoles”.
• 30 attractive arrangements of well-known classical themes and traditional melodies
• Written for the intermediate-level guitarist in accessible keys
• Left and right-hand fingering
Music Teacher Magazine, October 2018 (Al Summers)
It’s again a group of well arranged pieces that would satisfy any intermediate player. I wish there was this kind of book around when I was learning guitar in the seventies.
Tony Rowden – Performer, Teacher (April 2018)
- for guitar
- Edition type:
- sheet music
- Coles Paul
- Folk, Pedagogy, Pop Music