Tilmann Dehnhard: Jazz Studies
Contents – Jazz Studies for flute with CD
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: Nice Shoes
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: There She Is
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: Waiting for the Prince
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: Bossa Bossa
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: Almost Like
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: Blues for Luis
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: What's Up
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: Med Blues
- Dehnhard, Tilmann: All Things
Tilmann Dehnhard composed this collection of original pieces whilst working with classically trained flautists who wanted to play jazz. He addresses such questions as: How can I play melodies over chord progressions? What style of articulation should I use to make sure the music grooves?
Each piece on the CD is presented in three versions: two full recordings at differing tempi for playing-along and a version providing the accompaniment only for playing-along with full confidence. Notes and explanations are provided on symbols commonly found in jazz notation, swing rhythm, off-beat articulation and other conventions often encountered in the playing of jazz.
Der Klassiker überlegt, wie er den Ton spielt, der Jazzer, welchen Ton.
- for flute with CD
- Edition type:
- Sheet music with CD
- Dehnhard Tilmann
- Jazz/Blues, Pedagogy, Pop Music
- Edition info:
- Winner "The National Flute Association Music Award" 2010 The CD contains recordings at different tempos as well as a version without soloist.