Contents – K2016 for piano
- Shan-Boone Matius: Six Views from My Window
- Martin Peter Yarde: The Five Elements
- Garcia Daniel Serrano: Sonetos
It has always been a challenge to write educational piano pieces that can stand on their own and be appreciated as musical works of art in addition to their pedagogical purpose. The aim is to combine didactic intentions and a certain level of technical difficulty, without the limitations causing a compromise in aesthetic appeal. The authors of this book succeeded, all of them are prizewinners of the Mauricio Kagel Composition Competition. First prize was awarded to Matius Shan-Boone for his work Six Views from my Window. Second prize went to Peter Yarde Martin for The Five Elements and Daniel Serrano Garcia won third prize for Sonetos. Honourable mentions went to the composers Davide Coppola and Emre Sihan Kaleli. Players, teachers and students now have a third volume of new piano music to complement K2010 and K2013.
• Piano Pieces using a contemporary language for young adults that can be practically integrated into piano teaching.
• Ideal for introducing contemporary music at an intermediate level
• Three Prize winning pieces of the Mauricio Kagel Composition Competition
- for piano
- Edition type:
- sheet music
- Contemporary Music