Strom, Various: Klezmer
Contents – Klezmer for flexible ensemble (2 melody instruments (c,bb, eb), piano, accordion, bass (double bass/electric bass), percussion
- Strom, Yale: The Silver Crown
- Traditional: Ma Yofes
- Traditional: Romanian Hora
- Traditional: Stoliner Nign
- Strom, Yale: Dorohoi Khusidl
With this series we want to give young musicians the opportunity to familiarize themselves with music cultures from all over the world. A selection of pieces of fascinating and, at the same time, important styles of music from different countries should further intensify the already present interest. It is of particular importance to us to present, by example, traditional folk music from various countries in authentic arrangements as well as pieces which were composed especially for this series. Rhythms, styles, and instruments typical of a certain country are
explained in short texts.
The pieces are intended for modern ensemble instruction, in flexible instrumentation, and, thus, can be employed in a variety of ways. Aside from a play-along version, the CD also contains an ensemble version with instruments typical of the respective style of music. Additionally, the instrumental parts can be found on the CD.
Idea for group teaching and concerts.
- for flexible ensemble (2 melody instruments (c,bb, eb), piano, accordion, bass (double bass/electric bass), percussion
- Edition type:
- Sheet music with CD
- Strom, Yale
- World Music
- Ensemble, Folk, Play Along, World Music
- English, French, German
- Edition info:
- 1st part in C (violin, flute) 1st part in Bb (clarinet, saxophone) 1st part in Eb (saxophone) 2nd part in C (violin) 2nd part in Bb (clarinet) accordion bass-part (cello, double bass) percussion (drums). The parts are included on the CD as digital files to enable an easier and more flexible usage.