George Arthur: Magnificat
- A gentle, reflective setting that has a three-part structure with a short coda.
- Three and four part rising choral lines at the start, contrast with a central melodic section in the sopranos, supported by the three lower voices.
- The soprano line has sections featuring a solo voice or a reduced number of voices.
- The setting reaches a climax at the doxology where the four voices are in close imitation leading to a C major chord in second inversion on the word “ghost”.
- The work concludes with a short reference to the opening bars in the three upper voices and one statement of Amen in all four parts.
- for mixed choir (SATB) a cappella
- Edition type:
- choral score
- Arthur George
- Contemporary Music, New Publications