Wider Opportunities with the Debut series
INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP LEARNING
All of these pieces for young alto saxophonists in their earliest stages of learning can be performed as a solo or in unison with others. Some have an optional 2nd part and may also serve as ensemble material.
MIXED ENSEMBLE OPTION
Whilst written specifically for the instrument and addressing the challenges beginners would encounter, a special section is included of four pieces which are "key friendly" for beginners on most instruments and are therefore ideal pieces for mixed instrumental groups. These same four pieces will appear in subsequent books for other instruments in the Debut series.
For the Pupil…
• Instrumental parts with fun cartoons for inspiration
• A CD providing stimulating demonstration performances for listening as well as "minus-one" accompaniments for playing along at home
• Cartoons can be DOWNLOADED FOR FREE for colouring in
For the Teacher…
• Sheet music for selected piano accompaniments can be DOWNLOADED FOR FREE - just follow the web link provided in the pupil's book!
• If preferred, the accompaniments of all of the 12 pieces can be purchased in one printed and bound volume
(...) James Rae's knack of writing superb music for every level doesn't desert him here, and this collection of easy numbers bounces with musical energy throughout (...)
Clarinet & Saxophone Magazine, Winter 2013 (Richard Ingham)
Another success from the James Rae's stables, this publication has proved extremely useful in my teaching. (...) Sensible demands are made of the performer regarding dynamics and marks of articulation, and the clear print and fun backings make this a really enjoyable book to teach and learn from.
Music Teacher Magazine 11/2012 (Paul Sanders)