Richard Strauss: Schlichte Weisen
Contents – Schlichte Weisen for high voice and piano op. 21 TrV 160
- All’ mein Gedanken, mein Herz und mein Sinn
- Du meines Herzens Krönelein
- Ach Lieb, ich muss nun scheiden
- Ach weh mir unglückhaftem Mann
- Die Frauen sind oft fromm und still
New practical edition of “Schlichte Weisen” op. 21 by Richard Strauss from “Five Poems” by Felix Dahn (1834-1912).
Strauss composed these songs in 1889/90. He often accompanied his wife, the soprano Pauline Strauss-de Ahna, on the piano and worked with her on interpretations of his piano songs. The resulting entries of the composer (e.g. performance markings) are reproduced in this edition.
The songs here are set in their original keys.
Based on the text of “Richard Strauss Works” – Critical Edition (RSW), with English translations by John Bernhoff.
Information on the research site Richard-Strauss-Edition (LMU University, Munich) is available under http://www.richard-strauss-ausgabe.de/preface/
- for high voice and piano
- Edition type:
- sheet music
- Strauss Richard
- Vocal range:
- Modern Music, New Publications
- based on the text of the Critical Edition (Richard Strauss Works)
- op. 21
- English, German
- Catalogue Number:
- TrV 160
- Edition info:
- Based on the text of "Richard Strauss Works · Critical Edition (RSW)"