Gustav Mahler: Songs on the Death of Infants (Kindertotenlieder)
Contents – Songs on the Death of Infants (Kindertotenlieder) for medium voice and orchestra
- Nun will die Sonn' so hell aufgeh'n
- Nun seh' ich wohl, warum so dunkle Flammen
- Wenn dein Mütterlein
- Oft denk' ich, sie sind nur ausgegangen!
- In diesem Wetter
In the "Kindertotenlieder" as a whole, Mahler achieved a rather indescribable balance between extreme expressiveness and a moderated, well-balanced total restraint, which is directed inwards with a conquering power and does not lessen or romanticise the grieving process, but makes the listener hear and feel the acceptance of the inevitable. (Reinhold Kubik) Universal Edition continues its new study score standard. These completely redesigned scores offer an unparalleled insight into the music of the last hundred years. Great care has been taken to select the best available content for this journey through music history, and every score has been edited according to the latest quality standards.
- for medium voice and orchestra
- Edition type:
- study score
- Mahler Gustav (1860-1911)
- Neue Studienpartituren-Reihe
- Modern Music, Study Score Series
- original key