Despite the problems caused by the Corona-virus our Webshop and the contact forms on our website are fully available. You may also address your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding if our answer takes longer as usual because of the current restrictions. Your Universal Edition Team
A collection of twenty-one easy progressive studies for the beginner and suitable for all saxophones. An optional teacher's part is included designed to give support and encouragement in the lesson. Each study has, on its facing page, clearly defined objectives with tips for successfully acquiring specific skills and space is provided for the teacher's comments for the pupil's easy reference when practising at home. Pupil/teacher warm-up exercises precede each piece.
• 21 studies for the beginner establishing good habits in the early stages
• Each piece has clearly defined objectives with tips provided for successfully acquiring specific skills
• Pupil and teacher warm-up exercises are provided with each piece
• A second part for the teacher is included to give support and encouragement to the pupil in the lesson
• Space is provided for teacher's notes alongside each piece for the pupil's easy reference when practising at home
• The pieces, when played on Eb saxophones, are compatible with those in Step by Step Clarinet (UE 21 615) providing opportunities for duet playing.
"I really liked this volume. It would be an excellent first study book to use. The pieces are wide ranging in style with plenty of rhythmic interest and some lovely melodies that are pleasant to play." Clarinet and Saxophone Magazine Summer 2015 Volume 40, No.2 (Viv Halton)