Various: Tango Passion
Contents – Tango Passion for 2 violoncellos
- Piazzolla Astor: Libertango
- Collatti Diego Marcelo: Perdón
- Villoldo Angel: El choclo
- Mendizábal Rosendo: El entrerriano
- Greco Vicente: El flete
- Gardel Carlos: Milonga del 900
- Ponzio Ernesto: Don Juan
- Greco Vicente: Ojos negros
Authentic tango classics arranged as duets of medium difficulty for 2 cellos – this edition includes the famous tunes of some of the greatest tango compositions the world has ever heard.
Tango is full of life and passion - the fact that this love affair of music and rhythm has not lost any of its fascination is demonstrated these classic tango pieces that have been selected for this collection and arranged for two cellos. When Astor Piazolla, Vicente Greco, and Angel Villoldo meet in an edition of tango classics, entertainment and expertise of the highest level are sure to ensue. In addition to one of his own compositions, arranger Diego Collatti has selected some of the most popular tango tunes to be arranged for two cellos, among them "Libertango", "El Choclo" and "A media Luz".
Collatti, who is considered an expert in Argentine tango, has brilliantly and expressively highlighted the two violin parts, which have been essential elements of the tango tradition since its beginning.
The duets' characteristic phrasing opportunities combined with their dynamic shading and diverse articulation enhance their value as entertaining concert pieces and deeply authentic ensemble repertory additions. Melancholic tunes, rhythmic precision, and untamed passion can be found in this stylistically diverse collection, the compositional art of which showcases the full emotional range of the tango tradition.
• Engaging tango classics by Astor Piazzolla, Vicente Greco, Agostín Bardi, and many other tango composers, selected and arranged by Argentine tango expert Diego Collatti
• The clearly structured instrumental parts communicate with each other and remain true to the originals in their range of articulation and dynamics
• The stylistic variety, expressiveness, imagination and multicultural influences of the genre are wonderfully combined in this collection
Stringendo Magazine Volume 40 No.1, April 2018 (Catherine Milligan)
- for 2 violoncellos
- Edition type:
- performing score
- World Music
- Pop Music, Tango, World Music
- Collatti Diego Marcelo