Alban Berg: Three Fragments from "Wozzeck"
Contents – Three Fragments from "Wozzeck" for soprano, orchestra and children's choir ad lib. op. 7
- I – (I. Akt, 2.u.3. Szene) [3 T. v. 305 – 3 T. n. 415] S. 1
- II – (III. Akt, 1. Szene) [2 T. v. 5 – 3 T. n. 70] S. 24
- III – (III. Akt, 4.u.5. Szene) [1 T. v. 285 – 3 T. n. 390] S. 42
Having circulated a piano score of his opera Wozzeck, Berg was asked to assemble a few excerpts ("bruchstücke," or fragments) for an international music festival, as staging constraints made performance of the entire opera impossible. In great haste, Berg assembled the Drei Bruchstücke in time for rehearsals, and the ensuing premiere was a great success.
- for soprano, orchestra and children's choir ad lib.
- Edition type:
- study score
- Berg Alban
- Neue Studienpartituren-Reihe
- Modern Music, Study Score Series
- op. 7
- English, German