Mike Cornick: Three Latin Sketches
Contents – Three Latin Sketches for alto saxophone and piano
- Allegro vigoroso with a latin feel
- Moderato - Tango
This set of duos for alto saxophone and piano consists of three movements. The outer movements have an up-tempo Latin American feel whilst the central slow movement is in the style of a Tango. Players have ample opportunity for musical interaction which will prove highly entertaining for audiences.
The 'Three Latin Sketches' was composed for Mark Walton, the much respected New Zealand-born clarinettist, saxophonist, composer, arranger and educator.
• Ideal concert pieces
• Both parts are of equal musical importance
• A performance of the first movement from "Three Latin Sketches" played by Mark Walton and David Helfgott may be viewed at YouTube or at www.universaledition.com/ue21712
• A performance of the 2nd movement, Moderato Tango, from "Three Latin Sketches" played by Mark Walton and David Miller may be viewed at YouTube or at www.universaledition.com/ue21712
Music Teacher Magazine, February 2018 (Paul Saunders)
(...) An excellent addition to the Grade 4-6 market, although more advanced players will also benefit from the stylistic challenges.
Clarinet & Saxophone Magazine Spring 2017, Volume 42 No.1 (Stephanie Reeve)
- for alto saxophone and piano
- Edition type:
- sheet music
- Cornick Mike
- Pop Music, World Music