Gustav Mahler: Totenfeier (Funeral Rites)
Contents – Totenfeier (Funeral Rites) - C minor for orchestra
- Totenfeier (Symphonische Dichtung)
Gustav Mahler’s “Funeral Rites“ (literally translated: “Celebration of the Dead“) was initially conceived as the first movement of a symphony in C minor and completed in 1888. After certain alterations, – mainly cuts and extensions regarding the instrumentation – the piece became the First Movement of Mahler’s Symphony No. 2 (study scores available with the number UE34315) a few years later.
Mahler himself conducted it as an independent piece with the Berlin Philharmonics in 1896.
- Study scores
- Edition type:
- study score
- Mahler Gustav
- Neue Studienpartituren-Reihe
- Modern Music, Study Score Series
- C minor
- early version of the 2nd Symphony's first movement
- Edition info:
- Frühfassung des 1. Satzes der 2. Symphonie. Nach dem Text der kritischen Gesamtausgabe.