James Rae: Violin Debut - Pupil's book
Contents – Violin Debut - Pupil's book for 1-2 violins with CD or piano accompaniment
- Pizz 'n' Bobz
- Moonlight Waltz
- On with the Show!
- A Ballad for a Big City
- The Swingin' Sherriff blues
- Citrus Tango
- Penguins on Parade
- Railroad Rock
- Big Chief Sitting Bull
- I Say, I Say, I Say!
- Dance of the Seven Dachshunds
- Marvo the Wondrous Magician
Wider Opportunities with the Debut series
INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP LEARNING
All of these pieces for young violinists in their earliest stages of learning can be performed as a solo or in unison with others. Some have an optional 2nd part and may also serve as ensemble material.
MIXED ENSEMBLE OPTION
Whilst written specifically for the instrument and addressing the challenges beginners would encounter, a special section is included of four pieces which are "key friendly" for beginners on most instruments and are therefore ideal pieces for mixed instrumental groups. These same four pieces appear in books for other instruments in the Debut series.
For the Pupil… - Instrumental parts with fun cartoons for inspiration
• A CD providing stimulating demonstration performances for listening as well as "minus-one" accompaniments for playing along at home
• Cartoons can be DOWNLOADED FOR FREE for colouring in
For the Teacher…
• Sheet music for selected piano accompaniments can be DOWNLOADED FOR FREE - just follow the web link provided in the pupil's book!
• If preferred, the accompaniments of all of the 12 pieces can be purchased in one printed and bound volume
- for 1-2 violins with CD or piano accompaniment
- Edition type:
- Sheet music with CD
- Rae James
- Ensemble, Pedagogy, Play Along
Waltraud Pflüger on Violin Debut
Violin Debut is ideally suitable for beginners as a supplement to their violin lessons – for playing with a piano accompaniment or play-along CD. The keys are very good for practising initial finger patterns.
String players at elementary level will find effective material in this book, and some pieces are in duet format. Violinists can also play together with other instrumentalists in a mixed ensemble as several pieces also appear in books for other instruments in the Debut series.
Owner of Dreiklang music shop in Ditzingen
Recorder teacher, plays violin for pleasure in an amateur orchestra and sings in an amateur choir