Various: Workshop Bass Recorder
Contents – Workshop Bass Recorder for recorder ensemble
- Paix, Jakob: Ungaresca
- Petruschka (Volkslied aus Russland)
- Estrée, Jean d': Les Bouffons
- Arbeau, Thoinot: Bransle des Lavandières
- Scarborough Fair (Traditional)
The bass recorder brings a deep, rich timbre to the recorder ensemble. Nevertheless, when beginning with the bass recorder, even players who have already mastered one or more instruments of the recorder family face the problem of learning a new clef and feeling at home with an instrument which is different from the other recorders in its shape and handling. The Bass Recorder Workshop is a “hands-on” tutor, which helps players acquire the bass recorder skills necessary for refined ensemble playing step by step. The bass recorder is incorporated into the ensemble from the beginning. The degree of difficulty in the bass line gradually increases in terms of tone quality, rhythm and technical demands.
The Bass Recorder Workshop consists of consecutive volumes with music for three to five voice recorder ensembles as well as exercises and information on the following subjects:
• the bass recorder – construction, instrument types, historical background
• technical foundations of bass recorder playing, posture, fingering, sound and articulation
• practise and rehearsal techniques, intonation in ensemble playing
• stylistically diverse ensemble repertoire ranging from medieval to contemporary music
The Bass Recorder Workshop offers the possibility of playing the bass line of the ensemble pieces along with the CD included. The audio examples come in two versions: the full versions are complemented by versions without the bass line, which can be used to play along with. Beginners who would like to start with the bass as their first recorder instrument should supplement the Bass Recorder Workshop with lessons from a teacher.
- for recorder ensemble
- Edition type:
- Sheet music with CD
- Rosin Sylvia Corinna; Beutler Irmhild; Ripper Martin
- English, German
- Edition info:
- The audio examples on the CD offer full as well as play-along versions without the bass line.