Practising scales and arpeggios can seem like to be a compulsory exercise, if this is the case, then Groove Connection, is the answer for you. This tried and tested concept features exciting musical workouts for players of all levels. Start your lessons and practice by brushing aside monotony and getting into the Groove! This approach is rooted in the principles of music education. Composer Klaus Dickbauer uses the pleasure of playing the instrument as the basis for learning.
The series introduces elements of music-making such as major scales and arpeggios while putting them in context with performance pieces and improvisations. Technical development becomes a means of personal expression. Students and teachers can use the recordings to practise in pairs, groups, ensembles, individual lessons and, of course, at home, where the play-along CD replaces the other players.
• New proven concept for individual, group and ensemble classes
• Major scales and arpeggios for warms-ups, tone development and rhythmic training for players of all ages
• Play-along CD – a great motivator for practising at home
Groove Connection – Alto Recorder: Major scales and arpeggios for one and more alto recorders by Klaus Dickbauer
In the previous edition, Klaus Dickbauer covered major scales, triads, and interval exercises - combined with groovy beats - in a fresh and contemporary way. He now continues his well-thought-out approach to scales with a concentration on Dorian, Mixolydian, pentatonic, and blues scales - the perfect tools for building first improvisation skills on the recorder. Methodically sound exercises train patterns and motifs to equip the student with a sense of confidence and an appetite for learning the art of improvisation.
• The perfect warm-up for groups and ensembles
• Elementary studies for developing confidence and an interest in learning to improvise
• Groovy tunes and motifs are combined with proven and tested playing pieces to guarantee fun and a positive attitude
• Includes a Play-Along CD to help students become well-acquainted with the concept
The musical material is divided into three voices. This layout serves pedagogic purposes while facilitating ensemble playing. Voices can easily be doubled or switched in order to accommodate different ability levels and unite heterogeneous groups. The included CD provides the necessary drive while maintaining stability and authenticity - making this innovative volume even more effective.
Groove Connection - Alto Recorder: Dorian – Mixolydian – Pentatonic Scales – Blues Scales for one and more alto recorders by Klaus Dickbauer