Klaus Dickbauer: Groove Connection – Violin: Major scales and arpeggios
Contents – Groove Connection – Violin: Major scales and arpeggios for one and more violins
- Dickbauer Klaus: 12 Stairs to Luck
- Dickbauer Klaus: Funky
- Dickbauer Klaus: Bossanella
- Dickbauer Klaus: Pop Ballade
Practising scales and arpeggios can seem like to be a compulsory exercise, if this is the case, then Groove Connection, is the answer for you. This tried and tested concept features exciting musical workouts for players of all levels. Start your lessons and practice by brushing aside monotony and getting into the Groove! This approach is rooted in the principles of music education. Composer Klaus Dickbauer uses the pleasure of playing the instrument as the basis for learning.
• New proven concept for individual, group and ensemble classes
• Major scales and arpeggios for warms-ups, tone development and rhythmic training for players of all ages
• Play-along CD – a great motivator for practising at home
The series introduces elements of music-making such as major scales and arpeggios while putting them in context with performance pieces and improvisations. Technical development becomes a means of personal expression. Students and teachers can use the recordings to practise in pairs, groups, ensembles, individual lessons and, of course, at home, where the play-along CD replaces the other players.
It comes as no surprise then that this book is based on a great pedagogical principle: to build solid foundations by really working on the basics and to do it in multiple ways which encourage freedom and flexibility.
Music Teacher Magazine, October 2015 (Helena Ruinard)
It sounds fun, and it really is. The CD features accompaniment by synthesizer, bass and drums plus other instruments. All the quavers are swung. With nothing above third position, intermediate players and beyond would benefit from this approach. In addition to the exercises, there are a number of jazz and pop etudes. Whether as a fun warm-up or as an introduction to jazz and pop, it's a terrific set.
Stringendo Magazine 10/2014 (Hollis Taylor)
- for one and more violins
- Edition type:
- Sheet music with CD
- Dickbauer Klaus
- Ensemble, Pedagogy, Play Along, Pop Music
- English, German
- Edition info:
- Mix and match lines with other instruments if used with an ensemble, or play the solo line when used as a solo book. The accompanying CD contains both full and play-along versions.