Aleksey Igudesman: Magical Spells
Contents – Magical Spells for flute
- Igudesman Aleksey: Abrakadabra • Abaracadabra
- Igudesman Aleksey: Sesam, öffne dich • Open sesame
- Igudesman Aleksey: Simsalabim • Sim Salabim
- Igudesman Aleksey: Hokuspokus • Hocus pocus
- Igudesman Aleksey: Aji Maji la Taraji
- Igudesman Aleksey: Ha-Schem Ha-Mephorasch • Schem HaMephorasch
- Igudesman Aleksey: Xyzzy, Plugh and Plover
- Igudesman Aleksey: Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
- Igudesman Aleksey: Alakasam • Alakazam
- Igudesman Aleksey: Bitte! • Please!
Who needs a magic wand when they can play the flute magically? German-Russian composer Aleksey Igudesman takes us into the enchanting world of magic.
In his “Magic Spells”, he elicits ten melodies from the solo flute, the titles of which are magic formulas whose power can make the seemingly impossible happen. “Hocus Pocus”, “Sim Sala Bim” or “Abracadabra” have proven themselves over centuries. Magical titles are contributed also from series and computer games of our time, and the word “Please!”, which causes miracles in parents, putting the ten works in a mystical atmosphere.
In the advanced difficulty level, players and listeners are taken to another world: effective, surprising, mysterious, exciting, sometimes floating or unexpected, sometimes fast and turning their heads – this magic show promises to bring not only an entertaining spectacle without a hat and trick-floor on the stage, but also pedagogically valuable technical, rhythmic, dynamic and articulatory aspects...who knows what miracles can happen through the magic of the flute tones.
- for flute
- Edition type:
- sheet music
- Igudesman Aleksey