Franz Schubert: Moments musicaux
Contents – Moments musicaux for piano op. 94 D 780
- Schubert Franz: Moment musical C-Dur - C major - ut majeur: Moderato
- Schubert Franz: Moment musical As-Dur - A-flat major - la bémol majeur: Andantino
- Schubert Franz: Moment musical f-moll - f minor - fa mineur: Allegro moderato
- Schubert Franz: Moment musical cis-moll - c-sharp minor - ut dièse mineur: Moderato
- Schubert Franz: Moment musical f-moll - f minor - fa mineur: Allegro vivace
- Schubert Franz: Moment musical As-Dur - A-flat major - la bémol majeur: Allegretto
The “Moments musicaux”, apart from the “Impromptus”, are among the best-known and most popular compositions for piano by Franz Schubert. The Viennese composer wrote these miniatures in the last year of his life without knowing that they would become so successful.
Technically not too high, the six "musical moments" offer a rich spectrum of moods and timbres, which was unusual for the time in this form. Schubert thus already oscillates between classical and romantic music and creates the new genre of the piano miniature. His new, concise way of expressing feelings attracts and fascinates people in an instant.
The Vienna Urtext Edition now presents a new edition based on the latest research. Also new are the notes on interpretation by Robert D. Levin which explore even the most subtle shades meaning of expression markings. Engraving and page layout have been designed in a user-friendly way.
- for piano
- Edition type:
- urtext edition
- Schubert Franz
- Wiener Urtext Edition
- New Publications, Wiener Urtext Edition
- New edition 2019
- op. 94
- Catalogue Number:
- D 780