Max Beckschäfer: Tenebrae factae sunt
- Five Latin Passion Motets for 5-part mixed choir (SSATB) by Max Beckschäfer – suitable for the liturgy and concerts
- Can be performed as a cycle of works or individually – total duration if all five motets are performed is 12 minutes
- The music uses extended tonality and is reflective of the text and seasonal nature of the pieces. The music is largely based in a minor key with moments of dissonance. A demanding musical texture is created in the way the five vocal lines are used.
- The Latin lyrics are taken from the Passion Week’s responsories and describe several stations of the suffering of Jesus – starting with Holy Thursday until Holy Saturday.
- for mixed choir (SSATB) a cappella
- Edition type:
- choral score
- Beckschäfer Max
- Contemporary Music