Dear customers, we would like to inform you that due to the current situation concerning the novel corona virus, exit restrictions have been imposed in Austria. For this reason we kindly ask you to send all requests in written form to [email protected]. We ask for your patience in case we are not able to process your requests at the usual speed - due to legal regulations, companies in Austria are currently only able to operate at reduced capacity. However, we would like to assure you that Universal Edition will continue to look after its customers in times like these. Best regards, your Universal Edition team.
These stimulating new pieces from James Rae, with a few added well-known favourites, will inspire the younger beginner. They are all in a comfortable register and only simple rhythms and small intervals are used. New notes are gradually introduced in the same order as they appear in most standard tutors. Even at this early stage different musical styles are explored and pupils will also enjoy the fun illustrations which can be downloaded for free for colouring in.
• First pieces, all in a comfortable register, to inspire the younger beginner
• New notes are gradually introduced in the same order as they appear in most standard tutors
• Only simple rhythms and small intervals are used
• The accompaniments are designed to enhance the pieces and provide support for the beginner
• Musical styles are explored even at this early stage
• Cartoons can be downloaded for free for colouring in
"I really wish I'd had this volume 25 years ago when I was teaching mainly junior aged pupils. At that time it was incredibly difficult to find easy, well written pre-grade one pieces for the saxophone that children actually wanted to play! This volume is superb." Clarinet and Saxophone Magazine Summer 2015 Volume 40, No.2 (Viv Halton)